Five Great Dental Apps for Patients
As we often tell our patients, the bulk of good dental hygiene happens at home, in between cleanings. But as months pass between office visits, all too often we see patients become relaxed in their dental habits, resulting in difficult cleanings and cavities. But in this world of high-tech solutions to just about anything, oral care is no different. So, we’ve scoured the Web and found five of the best dental apps to recommend to your patients.
- Brush DJ: Having trouble getting your patients to brush for the recommended two full minutes? Here’s the solution! Brush DJ, a free app on iTunes, plays two minutes of music taken at random or from a playlist. The app also allows users to schedule reminders to brush, floss and visit the dentist. (Free, iTunes)
- KidsDental: Great for kids and adults alike, KidsDental teaches users about the mouth, jaw and teeth; discusses conditions like cavities, tooth loss and gum disease; and shows the impact of healthy eating and dental habits on teeth. It is also customizable, allowing users to input data about their own teeth and dental history. ($1.99, iTunes)
- Teeth Whitener: What better way to encourage patients to practice good oral care than by showing them how white their smile could be! With the Teeth Whitener app, users can whiten and brighten their teeth instantly and easily, using their own photos on their smart phone. ($0.99, iTunes)
- Floss: Your Habit Coach: Good teeth are built on good dental habits; but how many patients are that consistent? Enter Floss: Your Habit Coach, the easy-to-use app that helps establish good habits and break bad ones. This app also allows users to track successes, schedule reminders and earn rewards for progress. ($1.99, Google Play)
- Cleaning Your Teeth: A fully-interactive game designed to educate users on proper oral hygiene, this app provides techniques for properly brushing and flossing with an interactive 3-D model. (Free, Google Play)
Help clients maximize their time between office visits by integrating good dental habits with modern technology. Do you have a favorite app you recommend to patients? Tell us in the comments.